CAREERSWe are a growing construction services firm dedicated to providing excellent service to our clients and a work environment that takes into consideration an employee’s personal goals from work/life balance to professional development. We are seeking skilled professionals who want to help build our organization – are you that person?
Please email your resume to Danielle Martin, our Office Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Document Control Manager
Essential Job Duties
- Administering and maintaining the document control management process in accordance with project policies, procedures, and work instructions. Duties will include document processing, scanning, filing, tracking, retrieval, control and distribution, data entry, and posting documents into document management systems.
- Coordinating and/or assisting with training project personnel on document control systems and processes.
- Overseeing the maintenance of hard copy files and ensuring consistency with electronic records.
- Overseeing routing of documents for review and approvals as required.
- Coordinating document control activities with contractor, project, and client staff as directed.
- Supervising the day-to-day work of other document control staff assigned to the project.
- Retrieving, reproducing and distributing documents as requested and coordinating reproduction by outside vendors as required.
- Developing, refining, and implementing document control procedures and work instructions.
- Conducting periodic audits on all document files, electronic images, and data.
- Establishing and conducting a quality assurance audit process on all document files, electronic images, and databases including data entered by contractors.
- Establishing a written process for the Design-Builder / Project Construction Manager including all contractors to provide and upload source files and PDF’d versions of all documents.
- Coordinating contract document control closeout activities. Coordinating archival and/or transfer of project/contract files (hard copy and/or electronic files) upon completion of contract as directed.
- Assisting project staff in responding to information requests and client requests for historical documents as required.
- Coordinating with the submittals coordinator (if applicable) to assist in monitoring approval cycle of deliverable submittal packages.
- Participating in document control, staff and other meetings as directed.
- Regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
Other Job Duties
- Assisting other personnel, as required and performing other duties as required.
- Electronic, oral and in-person communication with client; consultant, contractor, design-build team and other project staff.
- Assisting the client with developing records retention procedures, if required or requested.
- Proficient with MS Office Professional including but not limited to MS Outlook, MS Word (including advance Word functions such as the use of headers/footers, table of contents, tables/columns and creating and running mail merges), MS Excel, Adobe Acrobat Professional (merging multiple PDF files into one consolidated PDF and/or replacing pages), scanning and imaging applications. Must be proficient in database, scanning and imaging applications and Contract Manager/Expedition software. Must be proficient MS SharePoint.
- Able to interface with a variety of people and be able to work as part of a team.
- Independently motivated and able to work independently without detailed direction or supervision.
- Able to demonstrate an initiative to excel. Must be highly organized and detail oriented. Careful attention to detail and accuracy is a must.
- Able to produce accurate work products while maintaining a service-oriented approach.
- Flexible and able to readily adapt to changing priorities and take direction from more than source working to bring all team members together and effectively communicate schedule and/or priority conflicts, changing priorities and/or assignments.
- Sensitivity to time deadlines so that work is accomplished in the time frames required.
- Ability to work consistently at a fast pace.
- Good interpersonal skills and proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with transit, engineering and/or construction terminology.
- Ability to occasionally wrap, lift and move boxes/packages of up to 40 pounds.
- ABILITY TO MAINTAIN CONFIDENTIALITY OF INFORMATION.
Experience must be construction/engineering document control/configuration management experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a related field.
- Associates Degree or equivalent in a related field with at two years of work-related experience or
- High School Diploma with at least four years of work-related experience.
Work Environment – Normal office and construction field office environment. No exposure to adverse conditions. Prolonged sitting and occasional walking. Use of a computer 90% of the time.
Why Join City Point Partners?
City Point Partners Project Controls team works closely with our clients to achieve their project objectives successfully. The ideal candidate will have strong technical skills and attention to detail. This person can successfully complete tasks with little supervision and successfully work on multiple assignments when necessary.
City Point Partners has won the award two years in a row for “Best Places to Work” in 2016 and 2017. We offer a competitive base salary, excellent benefits package, 401 (k) plan, and bonuses. Work/ life balance is important to us, as is providing a high level of service and quality to our clients. This person needs to effectively balance both.
Tell Us About Yourself
How may we help?
Tell us a little about you needs or request a call back from one of our engineers.