CAREERSWe are a growing construction services firm dedicated to providing excellent service to our clients and a work environment that takes into consideration an employee’s personal goals from work/life balance to professional development. We are seeking skilled professionals who want to help build our organization – are you that person?
Please email your resume to Danielle Martin, our Office Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Project Engineer assists the Project Manager in coordinating and managing all aspects of the project including the contract, subcontractor work, safety and the schedule. Strives to maintain project budget while meeting or exceeding company’s quality standards. Overall responsibilities include creating, reviewing and tracking all project documentation and monitoring the scope and quality of work to maintain compliance with the contract.
- Under the supervision of the Project Manager, facilitates coordination of the contractor/subcontractor agreements and relationships by soliciting bids, defining scope and specifications of work, notifying the contractor/subcontractors of contract awards and administering contracts.
- Participates In job walks and documents and reports findings.
- Coordinates the procurement of required permits for construction activity including working with the architects and engineers to get timely responses to permit review comments.
- Maintain open permit log to ensure permtis are closed on completed projects and are kept active on on-going projects.
- Maintains job paperwork including reviewing and updating monthly job progress reports and maintains plans and specs so that they always reflect the most current information.
- Processes submittals including determining if submittals are per project specs/drawings. Distributing submittals in a timely fashion to contractor/subcontractors and determining if submittals affect other trades.
- Processes RFIs including determining if requested information is valid and if it has a cost impact.
- Log RFIs into document management software.
- Working with Project Manager, oversee on-site work to ensure job compliance with quality and safety standards.
- Review on-going design clarifications/modifications and work with Project Manger to identify cost and schedule implications.
- Assist in evaluating/generating appropriate change documents; maintain and track change orders.
- Maintain project logs and files.
- Create correspondence and spreadsheets.
- Work with Project Manager to properly close out project.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering or related field, or a minimum of 5 years construction field or office experience with good working knowledge of all aspects of construction and construction trades.
- OSHA 30.
- Familiar with MS Office Software and experience with project tracking software.
- Experience with Primavera P6 Scheduling a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively with project team. Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret plan documents and good understanding of construction practices and processes.
- Ability to receive direction and then work independently.
- Must be dependable, consistent, diligent, and thorough.