JOB POSTINGOFFICE ENGINEER
The Office Engineer will work closely with the Resident Engineer and provide technical and administrative support to the project team. The Office Engineer ‘s duties and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
Assist the Resident Engineer with daily field operations
- Field site inspections and documentation of construction activities
- Coordination with municipal client and contractors
- Recognize construction or engineering issues and communicate with Resident Engineer to resolve them effectively
Project Document Coordination
- Establish and maintain project record files and correspondence
- Assist with progress meeting agendas preparation and record minutes
- Review Inspector Reports for accuracy and completeness
- Prepare and maintain project records including weekly and monthly project status reports
- Track project schedules and budgets as directed
- Track and maintain all project plans and drawings
- Assist with coordination of change orders, RFI’s, submittals, and business communication
- Assist with contract claims and negotiations
- Review and process contractor’s submittal of shop and working drawings
B.S. in Civil Engineering or Construction; OSHA 10 Certification
5+ years experience in the engineering and construction industry.
Knowledge of construction management software a plus.
The ability to communicate effectively and take direction.