JOB POSTINGDocument Control Manager
Essential Job Duties
• Administering and maintaining the document control management process in accordance with project policies, procedures, and work instructions. Duties will include document processing, scanning, filing, tracking, retrieval, control and distribution, data entry, and posting documents into document management systems.
• Coordinating and/or assisting with training project personnel on document control systems and processes.
• Overseeing the maintenance of hard copy files and ensuring consistency with electronic records.
• Overseeing routing of documents for review and approvals as required.
• Coordinating document control activities with contractor, project, and client staff as directed.
• Supervising the day-to-day work of other document control staff assigned to the project.
• Retrieving, reproducing and distributing documents as requested and coordinating reproduction by outside vendors as required.
• Developing, refining, and implementing document control procedures and work instructions.
• Conducting periodic audits on all document files, electronic images, and data.
• Establishing and conducting a quality assurance audit process on all document files, electronic images, and databases including data entered by contractors.
• Establishing a written process for the Design-Builder / Project Construction Manager including all contractors to provide and upload source files and PDF versions of all documents.
• Coordinating contract document control closeout activities. Coordinating archival and/or transfer of project/contract files (hard copy and/or electronic files) upon completion of contract as directed.
• Assisting project staff in responding to information requests and client requests for historical documents as required.
• Coordinating with the submittals coordinator (if applicable) to assist in monitoring approval cycle of deliverable submittal packages.
• Participating in document control, staff and other meetings as directed.
• Regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
Other Job Duties
• Assisting other personnel, as required and performing other duties as required.
• Electronic, oral and in-person communication with client; consultant, contractor, design-build team and other project staff.
• Assisting the client with developing records retention procedures, if required or requested.
• Proficient with MS Office Professional including but not limited to MS Outlook, MS Word (including advance Word functions such as the use of headers/footers, table of contents, tables/columns and creating and running mail merges), MS Excel, Adobe Acrobat Professional (merging multiple PDF files into one consolidated PDF and/or replacing pages), scanning and imaging applications. Must be proficient in database, scanning and imaging applications and Contract Manager/Expedition software. Must be proficient MS SharePoint.
• Able to interface with a variety of people and be able to work as part of a team.
• Independently motivated and able to work independently without detailed direction or supervision.
• Able to demonstrate an initiative to excel. Must be highly organized and detail oriented. Careful attention to detail and accuracy is a must.
• Able to produce accurate work products while maintaining a service-oriented approach.
• Flexible and able to readily adapt to changing priorities and take direction from more than source working to bring all team members together and effectively communicate schedule and/or priority conflicts, changing priorities and/or assignments.
• Sensitivity to time deadlines so that work is accomplished in the time frames required.
• Ability to work consistently at a fast pace.
• Good interpersonal skills and proficient oral and written communication skills.
• Familiarity with transit, engineering and/or construction terminology.
• Ability to occasionally wrap, lift and move boxes/packages of up to 40 pounds.
• ABILITY TO MAINTAIN CONFIDENTIALITY OF INFORMATION.
• Previous experience using e-builder software.
• Experience in or knowledge of the railroad industry.
• Must have construction/engineering document control/configuration management experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a related field.
• Associate Degree or equivalent in a related field with at two years of work-related experience, or
• High School Diploma with at least four years of work-related experience.
Normal office and construction field office environment. No exposure to adverse conditions. Prolonged sitting and occasional walking. Use of a computer 90% of the time.
This is a part-time position.
The health and safety of our employees and their families, as well as our clients, potential candidates, and communities, are of the utmost importance to City Point Partners. Our company and our clients adhere strictly to CDC and State of Massachusetts health and safety guidelines.
Due to COVID-19, this role may require the ability to work remotely, either temporarily or for a long period of time. The successful candidate may train and work from home until such time as it is determined that the role should move to the project office.
Equal Opportunity Employment
City Point Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, or disability.
Why Join City Point Partners?
City Point Partners has won two years in a row the award for “Best Places to Work” in 2016 and 2017. We offer a competitive base salary, excellent benefits package, 401(k) plan, and bonuses. Work/life balance is important to us, as is providing a high level of service and quality to our clients.
Please send resume and cover letter to Leila Cahillane at email@example.com