JOB POSTINGConstruction Inspector
The Construction Inspector will oversee and inspect construction work to assure the Contractor’s compliance with the specifications, contract documents, and construction management requirements.
Projects are expected to include inspection of sidewalk and pedestrian ramp reconstruction, roadway reconstruction (including drainage, curbing, sidewalks, street lighting, etc.), and roadway resurfacing.
Construction Inspector duties and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Keep a diary or logbook including information including recording work progress, measuring quantities
• Properly observe construction activity
• Provide written daily reports on inspection duties.
• Inspect visually and accept/reject materials, equipment, and supplies. Report whenever any work is observed to be unsatisfactory, faulty, or defective, or is not in substantial conformance with the Contract Documents, or has been damaged, or does not meet the requirements of any inspections, tests, or approvals required to be made.
• Perform other observation duties and follow procedures as directed by the Resident Engineer.
• Attend project meetings as required in consultation with the Project Engineer.
• Transmit to Contractor clarification and interpretation of the Contract Documents as issued by Project Engineer.
• Assist in the filing and tracking of Contractor transmittals and submittals as directed by the Project Engineer.
• Assist in preparing change orders, extra work orders, and other Contract Modifications
• Assist the Project Engineer in collecting and preparing information for reports of the work progress and of the Contractor’s compliance with the progress schedule and schedule of shop drawing submissions.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction related field
• OSHA 10 certification
• 4-8 years of experience in the construction or engineering field
• Experience with general construction inspection policies, procedures and administrative requirements (Rail experience preferred)
• Working knowledge and experience with interpreting contract documents, including compliance with prevailing safety regulations; excellent public relation and communication skills are a must
• Ability to prepare and maintain field records and record-keeping methods
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook in laptop / tablet environment
• Ability to work well with contractors, engineers, municipality, and residents
• Valid Driver’s License
Why join City Point Partners?
City Point Partners continues to grow in their field because of their high-quality work and professional interaction with clients. The ideal candidate will support the project team to ensure project tasks are completed successfully. They will communicate effectively and professionally at all times. This person will have a good understanding of the project scope and project team. They should be self-motivated and able to take direction and perform their job independently when necessary.
City Point Partners has won the award two years in a row for “Best Places to Work” in 2016 and 2017. We offer a competitive base salary, an excellent benefits package, 401 (k) plan, and bonuses. Work/ life balance is important to us, as is providing a high level of service and quality to our clients. This person needs to effectively balance both.
If you are interested, please email a cover letter and resume to Leila Cahillane, LCahillane@citypointpartners.com