CAREERSWe are a growing construction services firm dedicated to providing excellent service to our clients and a work environment that takes into consideration an employee’s personal goals from work/life balance to professional development. We are seeking skilled professionals who want to help build our organization – are you that person?
This position is an opportunity for an experienced individual to support the MBTA’s $490 million Red Line Transformation Project (RLOL). The project office is located in downtown Boston. The qualified individual must be organized and flexible, and possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
The Construction Coordinator (CC) is a Program level position that reports to and provides the prime administrative support to the Director of Construction (DoC). The CC will assist the DoC with all Program-level reporting requirements and will help to ensure documentation consistency between the field teams for each construction contract package. The Construction Coordinator coordinates with all project level Office Engineers in implementing consistent processes between projects within the program. The CC is responsible for keeping the construction management staff calendar and assists the DoC with special shift staffing, such as night and weekend assignments. The Construction Coordinator will assist the DoC with coordinating the work provided by the Quality Assurance and Safety Assurance staff as well as other support functions.
- Assist Project Controls team with project schedules and change orders.
- Assist RLOL Signals Project staff, Quality and Safety Managers, MBTA Program Manager, and Document Control Lead as needed.
- Produce and distribute weekly and monthly Program reports.
- Prepare and assist Resident Engineers with project Kick Off meeting.
- Attend Program and Job Progress Meetings when necessary.
- Manage interfaces between program and construction projects.
- Document project and program lessons learned.
- Assist RLOL Director of Construction with construction processes, staff meetings, agendas, etc.
- Train new Office Engineers
- Assist Office Engineers when required, including fielding program and construction questions and assisting/training Signal Program Office Engineer.
- Act as Office Engineer while the OEs are on vacation, at training, etc., including:
- Assist Resident Engineer;
- Review and process Requests for Information (RFI), Submittals, NCRs, DCRs;
- Attend meetings, write and distribute meeting minutes;
- Review and distribute Diversion requests and ensure RLOL staff coverage of night and weekend work.
- Evaluate MBTA Work Force Account construction billings (monthly), including running cost reports (e-Builder) and updating the construction projects Work Force Account budget spreadsheet, etc.
- Create and submit MBTA Work Force Order documentation for various construction projects to MBTA Budget Analyst.
- Provide continuous e-Builder review of all construction project files/processes; work with RLOL and MBTA staff, and designers to update any missing documentation/processes.
- Work with other Program Departments when required.
- Minimum 7-10 years of Construction Management experience.
- Advanced knowledge of computer applications including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe/Bluebeam.
- Experience with CAD preferred but not required.
- If needed, e-Builder program training will be provided.
Salary commensurate with experience.
If you are interested, please email your resume to Lisa Rookard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tell Us About Yourself
How may we help?
Tell us a little about you needs or request a call back from one of our engineers.