JOB POSTINGConstruction Inspector – City of Boston
The Construction Inspector position is for a contract with the City of Boston, working across the City on various construction projects overseeing and inspecting construction work to ensure Contractor compliance with the specifications, contract documents, and construction management requirements.
Projects are expected to include inspection of the sidewalk and pedestrian ramp reconstruction, roadway reconstruction (including drainage, curbing, sidewalks, street lighting, etc.), and roadway resurfacing.
Construction Inspector duties and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Keeping a diary or logbook including information including recording work progress, and measuring quantities
• Properly observing construction activity
• Providing written daily reports on inspection duties.
• Inspecting visually and accepting/rejecting materials, equipment and supplies. Reporting whenever any work is observed to be unsatisfactory, faulty or defective, or is not in substantial conformance with the Contract Documents, or has been damaged, or does not meet the requirements of any inspections, tests, or approvals required to be made.
• Performing other observation duties and following procedures as directed by the Resident Engineer.
• Attending project meetings as required in consultation with the Project Engineer.
• Transmitting to Contractor clarification and interpretation of the Contract Documents as issued by Project Engineer.
• Assisting with the filing and tracking of Contractor transmittals and submittals as directed by the Project Engineer.
• Assisting with preparing change orders, extra work orders, and other Contract Modifications
• Assisting the Project Engineer with collecting and preparing information for reports of the work progress and of the Contractor’s compliance with the progress schedule and schedule of shop drawing submissions.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction related field
• OSHA 10 certification
• 1-8 years of experience in the construction or engineering field
• Experience with general construction inspection policies, procedures, and administrative requirements
• Working knowledge and experience with interpreting contract documents, including compliance with prevailing safety regulations; excellent public relations and communication skills are a must
• Ability to prepare and maintain field records and record-keeping methods
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook in laptop/tablet environment
• Ability to work well with contractors, engineers, municipalities, and residents
• Valid Driver’s License
If you are interested, please email a cover letter and resume to Leila Cahillane, LCahillane@citypointpartners.com