JOB POSTINGPROJECT COORDINATOR
This position supports the MBTA Commuter Rail Positive Train Control (PTC) and the North Side Commuter Rail Automatic Train Control (ATC) projects. The project office is located in Newton, MA.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend weekly Program Management Team (PMT) meetings, and weekly Management Team meetings with the Contractor’s management team to stay informed of current activities status.
- Liaise with consultants, MBTA personnel, and contractors to obtain or distribute information, documents, and reports.
- Review and audit all Project Support invoices, and reconcile with consultants’ billable hours reports, with timesheets, with contracts and task orders.
- Review and audit all documents for Senior Program Manager’s signature, and maintain incoming/outgoing log.
- Log and circulate Project Support invoices, contracts, and all Project-related documents requiring approval, internally within the PMT, with contractors, with MBTA Capital Delivery and Budget departments.
- Create and maintain a status log for change orders, consultant contracts, proposals and billed hours, and issue status reports for Senior Program Manager’s review prior to signature.
- Participate in bi-weekly Deliverables Status Update meeting with MBTA Capital Delivery coordination to review and discuss the status of change orders, invoices, support contracts, and other documents that require MBTA approvals.
- File all meeting presentations, reports, agendas, minutes, and attendance sheets in E-builder according to project naming and filing convention.
- Rename according to project naming convention, file, and log all incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Prepare and send outgoing correspondence to Document Control Manager for distribution.
- Rename and file project invoices, contracts, change orders, and other project documents in E-builder.
- Maintain logs for all incoming and outgoing RFIs, RFWs, NCRs, and Incident Reports.
- File daily RSD Trip reports received from Keolis in E-builder.
- Assist other personnel as needed, and perform other job duties as required.
- Proficient with MS Office Professional including but not limited to MS Outlook, MS Word (including advance Word functions such as the use of headers/footers, table of contents, tables/columns and creating and running mail merges), MS Excel, Adobe Acrobat Professional (merging multiple PDF files into one consolidated PDF and/or replacing pages), scanning and imaging applications. Must be proficient in database, scanning and imaging applications and Contract Manager/Expedition software. Must be proficient in MS SharePoint.
- E-builder experience is a plus.
- Able to interface with a variety of people and be able to work as part of a team.
- Independently motivated and able to work independently without detailed direction or supervision.
- Able to demonstrate an initiative to excel. Must be highly organized and detail-oriented. Careful attention to detail and accuracy is a must.
- Able to produce accurate work products while maintaining a service-oriented approach.
- Flexible and able to readily adapt to changing priorities and take direction from more than source working to bring all team members together and effectively communicate schedule and/or priority conflicts, changing priorities and/or assignments.
- Sensitivity to time deadlines so that work is accomplished in the time frames required.
- Ability to work consistently at a fast pace.
- Good interpersonal skills and proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with transit, engineering and/or construction terminology.
- Ability to occasionally wrap, lift and move boxes/packages of up to 40 pounds.
- ABILITY TO MAINTAIN CONFIDENTIALITY OF INFORMATION.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a related field.
- Associates Degree or equivalent in a related field with at two years of work-related experience or
- High School Diploma with at least four years of work-related experience.
Normal office and construction field office environment. No exposure to adverse conditions. Prolonged sitting and occasional walking. Use of a computer 90% of the time.
Salary commensurate with experience.
If you are interested, please email your resume to Lisa Rookard at email@example.com.