CAREERSWe are a growing construction services firm dedicated to providing excellent service to our clients and a work environment that takes into consideration an employee’s personal goals from work/life balance to professional development. We are seeking skilled professionals who want to help build our organization – are you that person?
Please email your resume to Danielle Martin, our Office Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Roadway Office Engineer
Employee will serve as an assistant to the Resident Engineer and as an assistant inspector. Such division of duties will be determined by the Project Manager. Tasks and responsibilities shall consist of the following:
Construction Administration Assistance
- Maintain job paperwork including reviewing and updating monthly job progress reports and maintaining plans and specs so that they are current.
- Assist with maintaining an orderly filling system for correspondence, minutes, reports, and other job records, and in the appropriate distribution of same.
- Assist in maintenance of “red line” drawings.
- Track and manage Request for Information log using Procore software.
- Receive and distribute contractor submittals using Procore software.
- Maintain submittal log including reminding responsible reviewers of due dates and outstanding items.
- Assist as directed in observing compliance with permits.
- Assist as directed with community notifications.
- Attend job site meetings as required and assist with preparation/distribution of minutes.
- Maintain project photographs.
- Assist with evaluating and generating appropriate change documents.
- Maintain and track change orders.
- Perform other tasks and provide reports as directed by the Project Manager.
- Work with construction inspection staff to compile, review, and file daily and weekly field reports.
- Conduct site visits as needed to coordinate with the inspector and resident engineer relative to field reports.
Duties and Responsibilities
It is intended that the Office Engineer will assist the Project Engineer/Resident Engineer with construction administration tasks. Office Engineer duties and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Meetings – Attend progress meetings and other job conferences as required in consultation with the Resident Engineer and Project Engineer.
- Interpretation of Contract Documents:
- Transmit to Contractor clarification and interpretation of the Contract Documents as issued by the Resident Engineer or Project Engineer.
- Records – Assist in the maintenance of orderly files for correspondence, reports of job conferences and sample submissions, reproduce original Contract Documents including all addenda, change orders, field orders, additional drawings issued subsequent to the execution of the Contract, clarification and interpretations of the Contract Documents, progress reports and other project-related documents, as directed by the Resident Engineer and Project Engineer.
- Assist with the filing and tracking of Contractor transmittals and submittals as directed by the Project Engineer.
- Keep a diary or log book including information as directed by the Resident Engineer and Project Engineer. Provide copies to the Resident Engineer or Project Engineer as requested.
- Reports – Assist the Resident Engineer and Project Engineer in furnishing periodic reports as required of progress of the work and of the Contractor’s compliance with the progress schedule and schedule of shop drawing submissions.
- Assist the Resident Engineer and Project Engineer in preparing change orders, extra work orders, and other Contract Modifications as directed by the Resident Engineer and Project Engineer.
- Completion – Before issuance of Certificate of Substantial Completion, assist the Resident Engineer with developing a list of observed and punch list items requiring correction or completion.
- BS in civil engineering or architecture
- OSHA 10 certification
Why Join City Point Partners?
We are looking for a person who will deliver high quality work to our clients in the New England area. The ideal candidate will proactively achieve timely completion of projects. This person enjoys supporting a project team and is able to take direction from senior staff. They show attention to detail in their work and want to grow their professional career in the construction industry.
City Point Partners has won the award two years in a row for “Best Places to Work” in 2016 and 2017. We offer a competitive base salary, excellent benefits package, 401 (k) plan, and bonuses. Work/ life balance is important to us, as is providing a high level of service and quality to our clients. This person needs to effectively balance both.
Tell Us About Yourself
How may we help?
Tell us a little about you needs or request a call back from one of our engineers.